Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lammeeya @ Paradigm Mall, Petaling Jaya

Paradigm Mall is the latest buzz in town and it looks like everyone in PJ is literally flooding this place! Well, I have been to this mall a couple of times, and the first thing I noticed about the mall was their car park. The car park is rather confusing and unsystematic. Once, we went round and round just looking for the entrance to the mall, and when it was time to go home, we got lost again because we couldn't find our car!

Ok, all ranting aside, let's get back to my main objective of writing this piece of food review.

One fine day when me and my colleagues were in Paradigm Mall deciding on what to eat for lunch, we came across this shop called Lammeeya. They have other branches in PJ and Subang as well, such as One Utama, Damansara Uptown, and Empire Subang. By looking at their shop from the outside, it is a no brainer that the shop specializes in lam mee, i.e. braised noodles cooked in thick broth made of prawn stock or other meat stock. It is located on the 2nd floor, next to The Chicken Rice Shop.

  


The pictures in their menu certainly looked appealing and appetizing! (Gah, I'm such a sucker for these illustrations even knowing that I shouldn't fall for them!)



And when you look up and browse through the walls, they sort of have this hypnotizing power to make you feel the urge to order more food and drinks.


 .... and the pics on the wall say, "Come on baybeh, you know you want me!"........


Initially, we wanted to order their set lunch, but we were told that the set lunch was not available, yet. Feeling a little disappointed, we had no choice but to order from their ala carte menu. My colleagues opted for their Original Lam Mee - one requested for bee hoon, and the other one asked for thin noodles. I must say that when I first saw the price for a plate of lam mee, it almost turned me off right away. But I'm glad that I stayed on to try it because the broth was smooth, rich in flavour, and blend in well with the noodles to culminate the perfect combination of both noodles and broth. Even the serving was generous with huge portions of noodles, thin chicken strips, prawns, meatballs and gravy.



 


Then came my oh-so-eye-tempting Lam Mee (Udon) with Char Siew Chicken. The presentation was so beautifully done that I found myself obsessing over its outlook. The dish came with udon, half boiled egg (1/2), slices of char siew chicken and vege cooked in thick, yummylicious broth.  Now, you must be wondering what is "Char Siew Chicken"? Is it chicken meat stuffed into char siew? Or issit chicken meat PLUS char siew? Err.....nope, and nope. It is not char siew but chicken meat sliced into the form of char siew. Check out the picture below and see for yourself.

Pricy but satisfying! :)


 For side dish, we ordered a plate of deep fried tofu that came in 8pcs. The tofus were deep fried to golden brown, and the texture was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.




Verdict: For a plate of lam mee to cost at this price is considered high, but the quality of the food was worth the penny. It may not be a dish that you would crave all the time, but it is definitely a dish that satisfies your tastebud.


Lammeeya
Address: Paradigm Mall, 2nd Floor, Lot 2F-31, No. 1, Jalan SS27/26A, 47301 Petaling Jaya

2 comments:

  1. Still cheaper than Yu Ai Seafood Noodle haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyo...Yu Ai lagi...when you wanna belanja me?? Hahaha

      Delete