Thursday, June 21, 2012

San Shu Gong @ Jonker Street, Melaka


(Day 1) 2nd Stop: San Shu Gong, Jonker Street

What better way to prevent ourselves from melting away under the hot, merciless sun than having some cold, refreshing Durian Cendol to stay cool and relaxed? So right after having the chicken rice balls, we hopped over to San Shu Gong (which is just opposite Kedai Kopi Chung Wah) to get some Durian Cendol and local delicacies.




While my friend was busy ordering the cendol, I was busy mooching around for local food products and delicacies at their snack section - just like a tourist!

A glimpse of its interior


1st Floor - Where you can find various dolls and decors

Ground Floor - Snack area



More coffee and instant 'teh tarik'



After a round of shopping, I joined my friends at the table. They had almost finished the Durian Cendol!  So, this was the only picture that I shot. The smell of the durian was rather strong, and it tasted too sweet for me. I didn’t exactly like it nor dislike it, but if given a chance, I would have loved to try some other Durian Cendol elsewhere.




Some of the things that I bought from San Shu Gong heheh...
 Sweet!

 I'm really curious about the taste...hmmmm

This has my vote for the best dynamic duo -
I simply love the combination of white chocolate and coconut shreds




Verdict: Some love the Durian Cendol, and some don’t. Give it a try to see if it suits your taste bud. Oh, and if you have friends back home who just won't stop pestering you about buying souvenirs or snacks, this will definitely be an ideal place for you to visit.

San Shu Gong 三叔公
Address: 33, Jalan Hang Jebat, 75200 Melaka.
Tel: 06-2868262

...... To be continued ....

No comments:

Post a Comment