Monday, May 21, 2012

Dave's Pizza, Pasta, Vino @ One Utama

Ok, so, I have a confession to make. I never knew that this restaurant actually existed in One Utama until hubby brought me here to try their food. The name is Dave's Pizza Pasta Vino (not to be confused with Dave's Deli which is just a few shops away), and it is just opposite TGIF in the Old Wing (or some would call it, the "New Old Wing"). Without making any reservations, we walked in around noontime for lunch, and thank god there was a place for us because right after we sat down, crowds of people turned up!   

Nice ambiance, nice setting


We were seated at a table near the cashier, when something caught my eyes - a row of cute little piggies displayed along the counter!


 
 *Oink oink!*


I felt like a little girl gushing over the pigs haha! After all the oooohs and aahhhs and being such a drama queen over the piggies, I finally went back to my seat to continue with my initial purpose here.


Hubby ordered a glass of Cookies and Cream Milkshake, while the not-so-adventurous me went for a glass of Ice Chocolate. Personally, I preferred the Cookies and Cream Milkshake. It was delicious, and you could taste the cookie bits in the milkshake. A few sips of the milkshake was enough to evoke a relaxing fascination to my taste bud!
 
An oozing feeling of relaxation


The Ice Chocolate, on the other hand, was just like any normal Chocolate drink. It wasn't too sweet though, so it was just nice for me.



For starters, we ordered Nachos. You can either choose Nachos with beef, or Nachos with ham and mushrooms. Well, we weren't feeling the love for beef that day, so we picked ham and mushrooms to go with our Nachos. I never expected the presentation to be so tempting until they served the dish right before our very own eyes! The Nachos were covered in a layer of melted cheese, with the ham and mushrooms filling nicely tucked inside. It was also served together with salsa and sour cream.


Delicately, I took a slice and placed into my mouth, and boy oh boy oh boy, the taste was just as good as it looked! Every ingredient was perfectly put together to bring out a plate of flavourful masterpiece!


Then came our main course. I ordered the Spaghetti Bolognaise with Homemade Meatballs, which was priced at RM32. I had expected the dish to be a huge one with lots of meatballs, sauce and pasta. But when the dish arrived, I wasn't quite impressed. The plate was huge yet the portion was not up to my expectation. Plus, there were only two meatballs. I couldn't believe my eyes! (In the end, I found out that I could enjoy a 50% discount on this dish as they were doing a lunch promotion for selected dishes, and this was one of them. So the price came down to RM16 a plate. OK, now that's better!)


Taste wise, well, I have to give it to them. The sauce was lip-smackingly delightful and the meatballs were chewy and tasty. Wasn't the best that I've tasted, but it was still good.



Next came the Baby Rack BBQ Pork Ribs (half slab), which comprised of 4 - 5 pork ribs. This dish came in a generous portion, and I digged in right away. 
 

The ribs were evenly grilled, and the texture was soft and tender. However, I felt that the gravy did not soak into the meat thoroughly, thus making the taste of the meat a tad less juicy. Now, if I hadn't tried the pork ribs in Chicago Rib House @ One Utama before, I would have said that the ribs here at Dave's are fantastic. But having tasted the pork ribs there, I didn't find this extraordinarily great. Don't get me wrong though, coz the pork ribs here are delicious too, just that I've tasted better ones.


On the bright side, the mashed potato was nicely whipped and I loved it! Took a few mouthful of it and it melted nicely in my mouth. Simple but perfectly done!


All in all, it was a pleasant experience here. The ambiance was soothing and the waiters/waitresses were attentive. Food wise, it's up to par (although there were some hit and miss here and there, it wasn't too serious).

So will I be coming back again? Definitely yes!


Dave's Pizza - Pasta - Vino
Add: Lot G209, 1 Utama Shopping Center, Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Tel: 03-77254017

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mommie Foodie,

    Thank you very much for the kind review. We are glad that you had a wonderful experience at Dave's. Reviews like yours really makes all the hard work worthwhile.

    Thank you and we hope to see you again soon :) Also, do check out our FB page www.facebook.com/daves.malaysia for more updates.


    Cheers from the Dave's Bistro Bar & Grill team.

    ReplyDelete